Thursday, June 28, 2007

So Long San Diego

Whew, I survived...barely. San Diego was a blast, an experience like no other. I met so many people from all over the world. The location was phenomenal and the people there were extremely friendly. The Banana Bungalow was a place like no other, at least nowhere I've ever been.

Tuesday night I went to the House of Blues and saw Xavier Rudd. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly have any more fun in San Diego, I go to this show. The show was awesome, he's amazing. I didn't stop dancing from the time it started to the time it ended. If you ever get a chance to see him, do it! After the show, I came back and there were some people in the common room getting ready to watch Black Snake Moan, so I watched it too. It was ok, a little weird though.

Wednesday, I woke up fresh and ready to go to Tijuana. Chaz, a worker at BB, takes a group every Wednesday. I think there were 14 of us, we all piled in the big van they got and headed for the border. We had a good group, I knew many of them already. It was Fabian's birthday, so he had it a little rough. Tijuana was pretty much what I expected, shops, bars, and pharmacies. We had a late lunch and some cervezas when we got there and then went to the discotheque for some more cervezas and margaritas. We were there in the afternoon, so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The mechanical bull was a big hit. We made our way back about 8:00. When I got back, Collin and Mark, English guys I roomed with, wanted me to go out with them to see this 80's hair band. Of course I had to go, it was my last night. The band was pretty good too. Since I added another night and the beds were booked, I had to stay in the common area. It had some beds, but people in and out. Didn't get a lot of sleep.

Since I didn't get much sleep, I wasn't feeling the best today. Finally left San Diego around 2:00. Note to self, don't leave San Diego at 2:00 and try to go north through LA. The first 150 miles took me 3.5 hours. It was ridiculous. I finally got to Fresno about 8:00 tonight. I'm splurging and I got myself a hotel room. I got to do laundry in the morning and I'm picking Bo up at the Greyhound station at 2:30. Were going to go camp in Yosemite for few days, what a change of pace. A much needed change of pace! I guess this will probably be my last post for few days. When I get back, I'm sure I'll have some nice pics of Yosemite.

Have a great weekend!

Dough

3 comments:

koob96 said...

sorry about that buddy i forgot to tell you about that insane traffic. Corie and I ran into that same fun when we were there. Oh well, lesson learned. Have fun camping, it should be beautiful.

KristinC said...

Hmmm....traffic and cervezas..... sounds familiar to ATX. Somehow, it seems, when you are in a group of mulit-lingual people, you can't help but start speaking other languages, when you can, that is. So, cerveza is a good word for you to have learned, as I suppose you were throwing them down. While you're traveling, try a Stella Artois. I think that's a delicious beer. have fun at Yosemite. And, nice photo! It looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great picture! Have fun camping.