Monday, June 11, 2007

I Survived Denver

Greetings to all, sorry I haven't updated in while.

I guess when I left you all last time I was sitting outside Illegal Pete's having a beer. The night turned out to be pretty uneventful. Eric had prior arrangements, so I was on my own for the night. I needed some dinner, so I went one block to the Wazee Supper Club, they have great pizza and beer. I bellied up to the bar ordered my personal pizza and a pint. Before I knew it, I had seen a Mexican get cut off by the manager for being belligerent and had made friends with a guy from Montana and a guy from Japan. Everyone is so friendly in Denver. After several???? pints, I decided I better try to get home. It's really only about 300 yards away, but the key is walking in the right direction. I guess I made a wrong turn outta the building and ended up a block in the wrong direction. I finally made it back and turned in for the evening.

Saturday, we woke up and went for a bike ride. I can't say enough about the bike trails, they go on forever following the different rivers. There's always something to look at. After the ride, we got ready and drove about 30 minutes up into the mountains to Evergreen Golf Course. The ride up was filled with great views and when we got there, the views from the course were even better. I've never been on a more scenic golf course, it was cool. I took a bunch of pics and hopefully I can figure out how to share them.

That evening another friend of Eric's, Sowers, came up to go out for the evening. We started the evening at Sing Sing, a piano bar. I can't believe I've never been to one of these, it was really neat. The musicians are extremely talented. After leaving there we went to Brix. Sowers knew the bartender, so needless to say it was a relatively cheap and intoxicating evening. We walk back at the end of the evening and this is where the fun comes in. Instead of carrying keys, Eric hides a spare key at the base of the wall behind this brick. It was pushed in pretty far and we were having trouble getting it out, we definitely weren't the most coordinated at that time. After Sowers has his try, it's just lost, we can't even see it. We needed a paperclip to fish it out. Somewhere???, I go find a paperclip. I think I must have ran into a neighbor or something, but I'm really not sure. Using my MacGyver like skills, I was able to get the key and let us in safe and sound. I think Eric ate some bad Mexican earlier in the night and...you know.

Sunday was a welcomed day of rest for everyone. Eric had to go look at another apartment and I laid around most of the day until we went to dinner and went to see Ocean's 13. Very good movie by the way.

Got up today and made my trek to Salt Lake City. Wyoming was way better than I had ever imagined. It is a beautiful state. Again, I took lots of pics, hopefully I can figure this picture thing out. I got to the hostel about 3:00 and checked things out. It's in a nice neighborhood about a 10 min walk to downtown. So far, I've seen a very diverse crowd. A couple Asians, about 6 Russians, and 2 Americans about 20 something and 50 something. I think this is going to be very interesting. I'll try to post more often, I just go busy over the weekend. Hope this finds everyone doing well.

So long from Salt Lake,

Dough

1 comment:

Laz said...

what's up Dough.....while you are in Salt Lake, try and find out if having four wives is really better than one....and will you please slap a mormon for me......

Laz